By Justin Gordon · email@example.com St. Mary’s City, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis team dropped their last match of the fall season on Sunday afternoon. St. Mary’s (0-3) suffered an 8-1 setback to the Stevenson University Mustangs (1-1).
St. Mary’s 1, Stevenson 8
How It Happened
- Stevenson swept all three doubles to stake a 3-0 lead heading into singles action.
- The Mustangs went on to build a 6-0 lead before junior captain Claire Bodine (Smithsburg, Md./Smithsburg) came away with St. Mary’s lone point at No. 1 singles. Bodine beat Jenna Skove, 6-4, 6-4 for her second straight win.
- First-year Marianne Hershey (Keedysville, Md./North Hagerstown) was in the No. 2 slot for the Seahawks, winning six games but ultimately losing 1-6, 5-7 to Kirstyn Davidson.
- Sophomore Alden Grosh (Hagerstown, Md./Smithsburg) battled at No. 3 singles, taking eight games from Megan Waskiewicz before falling 5-7, 3-6.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Feb. 23 vs. Roanoke – Somerset Tennis Complex – TBA
By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II