York, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse team lost their second straight game Wednesday afternoon as the Seahawks (4-10, 1-4 CAC) fell 17-3 to No. 2 York College of Pennsylvania (12-1, 4-0 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- York fired off 17 unanswered goals in building a 17-0 advantage after three quarters of action.
- The Seahawks avoided the shutout in the fourth period when attackers Kyle Hurley (Towson, Md./Loch Raven), Max Groen (New Haven, Conn./Choate Rosemary Hall), and Ray LaPlaca (Owings, Md./Calverton) all found the back of the net.
Inside the Box Score
- Groen paced St. Mary’s with a goal and an assist while LaPlacanotched his team-leading 20th goal of the season. In addition, Hurleytallied his first collegiate goal.
- Senior captain Conner Campbell (Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga) collected three ground balls and two caused turnovers while junior goalie Ross Snodderly (Reisterstown, Md./Franklin) made nine saves in 54:22.
- Thomas Pfeiffer posted three goals and two assists to lead all scorers while Billy Sasso won 9-of-13 at the X with five ground balls. Landry Marshall (4 saves) and Jacob Laubner (3 saves) split equal time in goal to help the Spartans claim their eighth win in a row.
- Shots: St. Mary’s 18, York 42
- Ground Balls: St. Mary’s 28, York 39
- Face-Off Wins: St. Mary’s 7, York 16
- Extra-Man Opportunities: St. Mary’s 1-1, York 0-2
- Saves: St. Mary’s 9, York 7
- Caused Turnovers: St. Mary’s 6, York 7
- Turnovers: St. Mary’s 17, York 9
- Penalties: St. Mary’s 2 for 1:00, York 1 for 1:00
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 at Frostburg State University (8-6, 3-2 CAC) – Frostburg, Md. – CAC game – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmmlax
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMLacrosse
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II