- Commissioners of St. Mary’s County weekly business meeting begins at 9 a.m. in their meeting room in Leonardtown. Complete agenda:http://ow.ly/AKsA30jfxGq
- St. Mary’s County Recreation and Parks Board April meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. in Leonardtown.
- Leonardtown First Friday. This month’s theme: Reduce Reuse and Rescue! Don’t miss out on this super-special event as a Pet Parade will be held in the heart of Downtown Leonardtown! Bring your four-legged furry friends (dressed to impress if you so desire – pet and their people costumes are welcome!) to the Square for the Pet Parade at 6 p.m. Event info: http://ow.ly/VkKu30jdUTA
- Open Barn at Greenwell State Park in Hollywood. Meet with Greenwell’s horses, watch riding lessons, and learn about the Greenwell Foundation’s equestrian programs. 9 a.m. – noon. Website: http://ow.ly/ap7z30jdV8a
- Park Day at Point Lookout. A day when volunteers assist in cleanup activities around Fort Lincoln at Point Lookout State Park and assist with projects as needed. Tools and refreshments provided. 9 a.m. at Point Lookout State Park. Info:http://ow.ly/r8CE30jdVkV
- Second annual Lexington Park Arts Park Cherry Blossom Festival. The Community Development Corporation (CDC) of Lexington Park is hosting the Festival. The park is located at Coral Drive and Tulagi Place (near NAS Patuxent River Gate 2.) The park is surrounded by dozens of acres of park grounds which include gorgeous Cherry Blossom trees and a disc golf course. Noon – 4 p.m. Free. More information: http://ow.ly/M4gB30jdVD8
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II