- Commissioners of St. Mary’s County weekly business meeting begins at 9 a.m. in their meeting room in Leonardtown. Complete agenda:http://ow.ly/AKsA30jfxGq
- St. Mary’s County Recreation and Parks Board April meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. in Leonardtown.
- Leonardtown First Friday. This month’s theme: Reduce Reuse and Rescue! Don’t miss out on this super-special event as a Pet Parade will be held in the heart of Downtown Leonardtown! Bring your four-legged furry friends (dressed to impress if you so desire – pet and their people costumes are welcome!) to the Square for the Pet Parade at 6 p.m. Event info: http://ow.ly/VkKu30jdUTA
- Open Barn at Greenwell State Park in Hollywood. Meet with Greenwell’s horses, watch riding lessons, and learn about the Greenwell Foundation’s equestrian programs. 9 a.m. – noon. Website: http://ow.ly/ap7z30jdV8a
- Park Day at Point Lookout. A day when volunteers assist in cleanup activities around Fort Lincoln at Point Lookout State Park and assist with projects as needed. Tools and refreshments provided. 9 a.m. at Point Lookout State Park. Info:http://ow.ly/r8CE30jdVkV
- Second annual Lexington Park Arts Park Cherry Blossom Festival. The Community Development Corporation (CDC) of Lexington Park is hosting the Festival. The park is located at Coral Drive and Tulagi Place (near NAS Patuxent River Gate 2.) The park is surrounded by dozens of acres of park grounds which include gorgeous Cherry Blossom trees and a disc golf course. Noon – 4 p.m. Free. More information: http://ow.ly/M4gB30jdVD8