The secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, in response to the action taken for summer flounder at the February 2018 Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission meeting, pursuant to the Code of Maryland Regulations 08.02.05.12F, announces the season, catch limit and minimum size for the summer flounder fishery for April through December 2018. Effective 12:01 a.m. April 1, 2018:
- The season is open April 1-Dec. 31, 2018.
- Recreational anglers may keep up to four summer flounder per person per day.
- The recreational minimum size for summer flounder is 16.5 inches in all Maryland state waters.
- The commercial hook and line minimum size for summer flounder is 16.5 inches in all Maryland state waters.
- The commercial minimum size for summer flounder caught by gear other than hook and line is 14 inches.
- All other rules remain the same.
This replaces the public notice for this fishery that was effective Jan. 1, 2018.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II