PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 19, 2018 – The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Friday, March 30, 2018, in observance of Good Friday. In addition:
- The three county senior centers will be closed March 30 and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered.
- There will be no county bus service Friday, March 30. Normal operations will resume Saturday, March 31.
- Calvert Library locations will be closed March 30 and will reopen with regular hours on Saturday, March 31 at 9 a.m.
- Mt. Hope, Harriet E. Brown, Northeast and Southern community centers will be closed Friday, March 30 and Sunday April 1.
- The Solomons Visitor Information Center will be open Friday, March 30 and closed Sunday, April 1.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be open with regular hours on Friday, March 30 and closed Sunday, April 1.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open with normal hours.
- The Calvert Marine Museum will be open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park and Kings Landing Park will be open normal operating hours.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 30 and will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, March 31.
The Southern Maryland Chronicle is a local, small business entrusted to provide factual, unbiased reporting to the Southern Maryland Community. While we look to local businesses for advertising, we hope to keep that cost as low as possible in order to attract even the smallest of local businesses and help them get out to the public. We must also be able to pay employees(part-time and full-time), along with equipment, and website related things. We never want to make the Chronicle a “pay-wall” style news site.
To that end, we are looking to the community to offer donations. Whether it’s a one-time donation or you set up a reoccurring monthly donation. It is all appreciated. All donations at this time will be going to furthering the Chronicle through hiring individuals that have the same goals of providing fair, and unbiased news to the community. For now, donations will be going to a business PayPal account I have set-up for the Southern Maryland Chronicle, KDC Designs. All business transactions currently occur within this PayPal account. If you have any questions regarding this you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your support and I hope to continue bringing Southern Maryland the best news possible for a very long time. — David M. Higgins II